SoundCloud is a global online audio distribution platform. It enables its users to upload, record, promote, and share their originally created sounds.
|ICT Competency||SoundCloud is a application for accessing and publishing audio resources.|
|Educational application and relevance||You can store students voice recording, classroom audio's and can share with others through link.|
|Version||Version - Not Applicable|
|Configuration||No specific configuration requirements but Internet connection is needed to use this application.|
|Other similar applications||Yourlisten|
|The application on mobiles and tablets||Google Play Music, Spotify|
|Development and community help||Official Webpage|
Overview of Features
- Can upload different file formats, It support AIFF, WAVE, FLAC, OGG, MP2, MP3, AAC, AMR and WMA files.
- It allows you to download audio files.
It is a web based application, there is no installation process.
Working with the application
Access Soundcloud and Login
- Go to Application - Internet - web browser and type a word Soundcloud in address bar and click on SoundCloud - Hear the world's sounds
- Sign in or create account, sign in need user name and password (it is for ID password holders).
- You can log in through our Facebook or google account also.
Upload Audio files
- You can upload sound and songs under your ID and share with the world.
- Go to Home page and click on Upload.
- Uploaded file list will appear like above picture.
- You can play and Listen to any files.
Saving the files and formats
Soundcloud has good community user support and it allow you to download and search varieties of creative commons audio resources.
Ideas for resource creation
We can upload own creation Audio resources to this application and can share the link with others.