Gubbachi Learning Community
The pandemic had shut many children out of government schools resulting in severe learning regression to as much as 2 or more grades lower. This program was initiated in January 2021 with an aim to mitigate the receding learning levels of Government school children in the peri-urban areas around Sarjapur Road, Bengaluru, and thereby, retain students from dropping out of the school system altogether.
Gubbachi has been working with children and community members in settlements of migrant workers primarily from North Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Bihar,Uttar Pradesh, Odisha, Jharkhand, and West Bengal. They fall in the category of unskilled or semi-skilled group who work as construction workers, painters,carpenters, housekeeping, house maids and the like.
- Gubbachi Connect - Bridging out of School children
- Gubbachi Transform - Government School intervention for Grades 1-2-3
- School Learning Programme (SLP) - Government School intervention for Grades 4-7
- Teacher Development
- Nutritional support to children
- Gubbachi Enable - families and communities of our beneficiary children
Education engagement: 547 students
Community engagement: 7270 individuals